PENN REELS, PENN FISHING REEL, PENN RODS, PENN FISHING RODS
When it comes to real, hands-on product knowledge about the full line of Penn fishing reels and Penn fishing rods, we feel that the full-service staff at Island Discount Tackle is among the most experienced in the USA. Feel free to send us an e-mail if you have any questions about any Penn fishing reel or Penn fishing rod. We will respond promptly to your e-mail by your choice of (1) return e-mail or (2) return phone call.
Season after season, anglers take to the water in search of their favorite fish and season after season Penn Rods
are expected to perform. Whether trolling for marlin and tuna with a Penn International Rod, casting bomber lures for wahoo with
a Penn Jigging Rod, bottom fishing for grouper with a Penn Tuna Stick, stalking the flats for snook and redfish with the Penn Slammer Rod or tarpon and shark fishing with
a Penn Tarpon Spinning Combo, Penn Rods performance and reliability are legendary.
PENN INTERNATIONAL V IGFA
With its impressive diamond wrap, Penn International® V IGFA Rods feature the highest-quality components, like full AFTCO® Guides and detachable machined aluminum butts and gimbals. Available as an option on the Penn International® V IGFA Rods 80# and 130# Class Rods is a Bent Butt, which lowers the reel for greater angler comfort, increasing the fulcrum lever to the anglers advantage. The Penn International® V IGFA Rods Bent Butt version of the Penn International V IGFA 80# Rod and Penn International V IGFA 130# Rod is perfect for anglers targeting world-class gamefish on heavy tackle.
- Standard on all of the Penn International Rod Series is the progressive taper of Penn’s P450 Glass tubular blanks.
- Penn IGFA Rods feature a parabolic taper, ideal for fighting fish from the chair, applying maximum pressure to the fish with a mechanical advantage in favor of the angler.
Between ideal tapers and quality craftsmanship, a Penn International® V IGFA Rod is one of the finest rods on the market.
back to top
PENN INTERNATIONAL VS STAND-UP RODS
PENN'S ARA/AWA RODS
Ideal for any offshore challenge. Penn International V ARA Stand-up Rods feature:
- 1 Piece, Glass Blank Material
- all AFTCO Rollers for minimal line wear
- a machined, Aluminum Butt, gimbal, and reel seat for maximum lifting power and durability
- AWA comes with Aluminum Detachable
PENN'S RS/TS SERIES
- RS: AFTCO Roller Stripper and Tip-Top for line protection in the two greatest friction points on the rod
- RS: Aluminum-Oxide Turbo Guides “In-Between” for the best combination of line protection and economy
- TS: Aluminum-Oxide Turbo Guides and Penn’s Ist blank technology
- RS/TS Rods feature Penn’s Slick Butt® for ease of removal from rod holder
- Foregrips are EVA foam for the ultimate in comfort and durability, a standard theme with all Penn Products
Penn's RS Models feature Penn’s Integrated Solid Tip, combining the power of tubular glass and the durability of solid glass in the tiptop section. All Penn International® V RS Stand-up Rod models feature machined reel seats and metal gimbals for reliability and proven performance. Penn TS Rods offer an economical and lighter-weight rod capable of taming any bluewater gamefish.
back to top
PENN TORQUE JIGGING RODS
Penn Torque Jigging Rods are designed using a super thin yet strong rod blank that provides incredible strength necessary when pulling up large tuna, snapper, stripers, kingfish and grouper. A Penn Torque Jigging Rod is strengthened by an additional layer of graphite. With all the strength the Torque rods possess, they are still light enough for long-term jigging action. All Penn Torque Jigging Rods are finished with PacBay stainless steel guides with deep-pressed titanium coated inserts for durability against all saltwater conditions. A Torque Jigging Rod has triangular shaped EVA foam handles which are easy to hold and keep the rod from turning or slipping when fighting a fish. The EVA foam rear grip features flat sides for added comfort when holding the Torque Rod under your arm.
back to top
PENN TUNA STICK RODS
Penn Tuna Sticks have been a staple in the Stand-up Big Game Fishing rod market, but we threw a curve ball this year and changed the model numbers. Penn Tuna Stick blanks and components still have the same tapers and quality; but in an effort to simplify the model designations, we changed the model numbers fro all of the Penn Tuna Sticks.
The Penn Tuna Stick modified parabolic taper is capable of providing leverage for anglers strapped into the fighting chair, while the fast-tip sections of Penn Tuna Sticks provide Stand-up anglers the recovery power necessary when hooked into large pelagics. Penn Tuna Stick Rods feature great components, powerful blank materials, and quality craftsmanship built into a rod that serves equally well in the chair or at the rail.
- Penn Tuna Stick 1 piece glass tubular blank with solid tip
- Penn Tuna Sticks® feature AFTCO® Roller Guides
- Penn Tuna Stick machined aluminum one-piece butt, including anodized hoods and rings in the rich Penn Gold for a premium look when matched to your Penn International® Reels
- Penn Tuna Stick have EVA Grip
back to top